Thursday, July 2, 2015

Ventura Highway and Bike ride


This morning I was out riding my bike.  Oh how I love going for a bike
ride early in the morning.  I go out to the country and it is just so beautiful.
It just smells so good and looks so beautiful.  I love this time to
gather my thoughts and I think a lot, sometimes too much.
Anyway, this morning, Ventura Highway by America came
up on my phone.  This is a special song to me.  Matt served in
the California Ventura mission.  While he was gone, this was
my theme song.  It just makes my heart swell with pride.  
As I listened to this song this morning it brought my thoughts
to all the missionaries in my family.  I can't tell you how
proud I am that everyone in our family is a returned missionary.
(except me)
It just means so much to me.
I loved having my kids serve missions.  It was a time when I felt
so close to them and to my Savior Jesus Christ.  What a privilege
it has been to be a missionary Mom FOUR times.
I miss having someone in the mission field.  I miss
writing to them each and every week.  I don't think
I missed one week of sending my missionary a letter.
Today my heart was full as I listened to that song and
remonised about all my missionaries.
How blessed we have been.  I acknowledge HIS
hand in all things.  

I am so proud of my kids and all their accomplishments. 

 Elder S. Wynn Monk
Virginia, Roanoke Mission
Jan. 1977 - Jan. 1979

 Elder Steven Monk
England, Leeds Mission
Feb. 2001 - Feb. 2003






Sis. Natalie Monk
Finland, Helsinki Mission
May 2004 - Nov. 2005

 Elder Samuel Monk
New Zealand, Wellington  Mission
May 2006 - May 2008

Elder Matthew Monk
California, Ventura Mission
Jan. 2011 - Jan 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment