Thursday, July 17, 2014

Temple Thursday

This morning, July 17th, Kay and Loren's youngest son,
Riley, went to the temple for the first time.
 He will be leaving on his  mission in August.
He is going to the Roanoke, Virginia mission.
That is where Wynn served.  WE are excited for him.

Lucky me, I got to go to the temple with them.
What an awesome experience.  I learned a great lesson!
I learned to always trust in the Lord and it will always
work out.  Let me explain. . . 

In May, Kay and Loren's daughter, Britney got married.
It just seemed so perfect for Riley to go to the temple with
Britney when she went through.  This would be
Kay's dream day, when the whole family could
be in the temple together.  

Riley had his mission call, only two days of school
left and they weren't really school days, just practice
days for graduation.  But, their stake president would
not let Riley go to the temple.  The rule is, they
must me graduated from high school before they 
should go.  Well, it seemed so foolish to me.
He was so close.  

Kay and Loren did not kick up a fuss.  (I think I would of).
I felt so bad that Riley couldn't witness Britney's 
wedding and that their family couldn't be all 
together in the temple.

You see, Kay's oldest son lives in Kansas and would
not be coming back for Riley's temple day or for
his farewell.  

Well, today at the temple, it just felt so right!
The spirit taught me that there is great joy
in following our leaders and the rules!
Riley got HIS day in the temple and it just
so happened that Britney was here.  She
came for a wedding so she got to be there.
It was just so relaxed and it was Riley's day.
I'm so glad that I could be there and experience
this great day.

WE love the Kinghorn's so much.
They are the best friends in the world.
We have been so blessed having them in our lives.
I'm so glad I got to go to the temple today and
share this special day with them.

Congratulations Riley Kinghorn!
WE love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment