Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving break 2013

It has been a wonderful Thanksgiving break for 2013!

We moved into our new school so I had two weeks off!
I did go in and work one day but I sure enjoyed the rest of 
my time off.  
Wynn went on a business trip the week before Thanksgiving
and I got so much done.
I did a Homemaking lesson on Traditions on that 
Wednesday night and then the rest of the time
was mine.  
So nice to have some time to get caught up and to
get so much done.  
I didn't do any house cleaning but I got a lot of
Christmas put together.

Matt went with Kayla to Las Vegas to be with her family
for Thanksgiving and for Matt to ask Kayla's dad for her
hand in marriage.  Yup, Matt's in love and we couldn't
be happier for him.
It was so cute, I got a text that said,
"permission granted."
So I guess the event will happen in April.
So happy for them.
They are so cute together.
Fun seeing my baby fall in love 
but on the other hand, it's kind of hard.
He's my baby you know?

Sounds like they had so much fun in Vegas.
Kayla's family sure showed Matt a good time.


 Natalie made the pies again this year.
They were scrumptious.
Here is a picture of her "from scratch"
Dutch Apple Pie.
It tasted just as good as it looks!


Our feast!

We only had one student from BUY-I this year but
we were so happy Richard could come spend
Thanksgiving Day with us.

As usual, we went around the table and everyone
said what they were thankful for.

At our table were:
Wynn
Nancy
Steven
Brooke
Emily
Camden
Hailey
Jenna
Natalie
Mom
Aunt Pat
My brother, Paul
Richard
Sam worked all night so he came later.



This is the relish tray Hailey brought.
Can you see the turkey?
It was a huge hit!


Our silly grandkids.


Jenna chowing down on an apple.



Jenna helping herself in the fridge.

Thanksgiving afternoon we just sat around and enjoyed everyone's company
and played card games.
So fun and so relaxing.
I LOVE MY FAMILY 
and I'm so thankful for each one of them.

Thanksgiving evening we watched the movie Elf.
I have never seen it all the way through and 
it was so funny.  I enjoyed it so much.








The day after Thanksgiving, Sam and Steven went fishing.
Sam caught a big one!



Then, on Saturday,
Steven, Sam and Wynn 
went and explored the ice caves. . . 















 The girls and I stayed home and crafted. . . 
See what the girls made. . . 
(My Mom even came and visited)






 Christmas advent calendars.

Jenna and Hailey were  here but I don't think Jenna
was feeling too great  so they home early.
Hailey almost got her calendar done.

We had such a great  holiday and I loved spending
time with my family.
I couldn't feel more blessed at this time.  
Back to school tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment