Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Hardest Sunday Ever!


Rexburg, Idaho YSA 39th Ward
On Sunday, June 14, 2015, this bishopric was released.
Brit Singleton, Ward Clerk (not released until the Fall)
Lonnie Mortensen, 1st Counselor
Wynn Monk, Bishop
Darrell Dutson, 2nd counselor

 Wynn has throughly loved serving in this bishopric. 
Such a busy, busy calling and he loved it.
Those YSA's are simply the best! 
I got to speak for just a few minutes in sacrament meeting and I 
just want to share some of my thoughts.
Three blessings received from Wynn's service to our family:
1)  What a great example of Christ like service.  He served continually and gave so much
of his time.  I loved that this example was given for our children.  One of the boys
would call and need something or want Wynn to go someplace but his calling
sometimes got in the way.  He never put off his family but he made it very clear to us
that serving was a priority.  I loved that the kids got to see his devotion and love of
his calling.  A great example!  When you are in the service of your fellow
man, ye are in the service of your God.
2)  I loved to see Wynn exercise his priesthood keys.  I loved to see  him speak to the kids
in his ward.  The mantal of Bishop was truly there.  The kids could feel this too.
This is the part I am going to miss the most.  He always gave such great
advice and was so fun to be around.  The kids loved him and still do.  
3)  What great friendship we have made.  As the kids sang,
"God Be With You Till We Meet Again," my heart leaped!
I can't wait to see everyone again someday.  

I can honestly say that the time Wynn served as Bishop, he has never
been happier.  Our life has been bliss!  

I loved what Wynn wrote on Facebook to all the kids the night he was released:

Just wanted to thank each of you for the outpouring of love I felt this past week. Being the Bishop of the Rexburg YSA 39th Ward has been one the greatest experiences of my life. Recently we received some training from Elder Batt and in that training Elder Batt encouraged us to not just be administrators but work to make a difference in someones life. I pray I have been an influence in some of your lives, but I can truly say that each of you have influenced my life. I have had the privilege of sitting down with Bishop Herrick and received my conformation that he has been called by the Lord to be the new Bishop of the 39th Ward. I know he will be an outstanding Bishop and pray that he will have the same choice experiences I have had. May the Lord bless you with all of the righteous desires of your hearts. 
Love, Bishop Monk
 This picture includes the executive secretary - Chad Farrell
(He was companions with Matt in the MTC)
It's a small world.  
Sunday evening after Wynn was released, we went back up to 
Rexburg because the kids wanted him to came to Ward Prayer.
So, we went back up to Rexburg and meet in Brooklyn 
Lounge for prayer.  The kids gave him a Hawaiian lai and
one made from candy bars.  
They asked Wynn to give the Ward prayer.
It was simply beautiful.

A new chapter of our life begins.
Today is Wednesday and it is still hard.
So hard on Wynn.
I just love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment