Monday, December 3, 2012

from Matt


Monday, Dec. 3rd, 2012

Hi Mom!

Well, S.B. is great! I got to go to Carpentaria last week and meet with the missionaries there, so it was fun to be back in the Sears house and see Bro. Sears. It has been so long! We are in the YSA ward, and because of the Holiday break at UCSB, the ward won't be meeting from Dec. 16 until Jan 6! So we'll be able to just focus on the family ward and not have to go to a million hours of church! :) But they both seem like good ward and good people.

Elder Fullmer is great! He is super gung ho like I said, and works way hard. It’s fun to work with him and get to know him, because he wants to work with ME and get to know ME! It’s awesome. We live with an older guy named bro. Hyde. He is way cool and I like living with him. Lots of fun!

So get this next couple of weeks we've got:
Tomorrow - all day zone leader meeting in Oxnard, Thursday we're spending the day in Lompoc (45 min away).
Next week - Zone Conference
The Next week - Mission Christmas Devotional
The week after that - Christmas
And the next week - New Years

Holy cow! So many big things going on. Its going to be way busy! And we have a bunch of exchanges sprinkled throughout those weeks too.

We have some very good missionaries! I'm excited to work with them and get to know them better.

We are teaching a girl named Hattie from Hong Kong. She is at UCSB getting her masters in engineering I think. She is so sweet! She knows that the book of mormon is true (She used to be atheist) and she comes to church. She is so close! Hopefully by the end of the transfer she'll get baptized. She is a way neat girl.

Its super weird being a zone leader again. I really didn't want to, and I was kinda bummed when president asked me to, but its OK. I now really realize how tedious it can be, and how taxing it is on your spirit, not to mention physically. But I’m liking it ok. Just wish me luck, ok? haha

I think we're going to make some little Christmas cards today, so that should be fun!

I really don't need anything for Christmas. Honestly, some money would be much appreciated, and then I could get some things I need here. Just that and that CD is all I could ask for! You are the best mom! Thank you!

I love you so much!  Keep in touch! Hope to hear from you soon!

Here are some pictures! The best I can say is:

The coast at Surf in Lompoc
Us at the Mission in Santa Ynez
Our district
Me and the HEaths (Our Bishops fam)
Me and Olivia Estrada
Me and Grandma and her girls and the Hermanas
Hopefully that’s it!! :)

Love,
--
Elder Matthew Monk
 California Ventura Mission
         -  Jan. 2011 - Jan. 2013 -








No comments:

Post a Comment