Monday, January 28, 2013

My Birthday. . .


I can't believe it is that time of year again.
I turned 53 on the 24th of January.
I love everyone else's birthday but I'm not
very fond of my own.
I guess I just don't really like the attention.
But, this year was fantastic!
My daughter and daughter-in-laws had a 
birthday party for me.
I was touched by their thoughtfulness.
They brought all the food, did all the clean up
and I loved it with all my heart!  

After work on Thursday, Wynn picked me up.  I was so surprised to
see him.  He took the afternoon off to be with  me.  Oh, so sweet.
He took me out to lunch and when we got home, this is what 
the house looked like. . . .






Matt had decorated the house with all these hearts.  There were over 70 of them.  He hung them from the ceiling and each one had a personality trait of mine (his opinion) on it.  He used pictures too.  Oh,
it was so cute.  It just made me feel so special.  He didn't have any money for a gift so this is what he did.  I thought it was so cute.  It is so fun having him around.  He makes life so fun.  

 That night is when the girls did the party.  Dessert wasn't quite done so Wynn put candles in the jello salad and had me blow out the candles.  Camden and Emily  had to each blow out a candle.
 Then the presents. . . Emily could hardly wait!  I got such fun stuff.  I even got some eye shadow that I have been wanting.  They just spoil me so much.
 Natalie game me this darling teddy bear to add to  my collection.   It's in a hoody and reminds me of her.  Nat loves hoodies.
 Sam and Hailey gave me all the fixings for cake pops.  I can hardly wait to try them.  We just might make them for  Activity Day next month. What a cute idea, I loved it.
Finally, the dessert is done.  Don't ask me to pronounce the name of this but Natalie made it.  It is a Finnish dessert.  Eggs, milk sugar. . . So yummy with strawberries and whipped cream.

Then, on Saturday, we went to Mom's and she fixed lunch for us to celebrate.  I just love  my Mom.  She always makes our birthday special.  I guess that is where I get it from because I always try to make each one of my kids birthdays special too.  I guess birthdays aren't that bad because I loved every minute of mine this year.  Makes getting older a little bit softer.  Thanks everyone for a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment