Sunday, July 7, 2013

Yankee Fork

July 2, 3, & 4th   2013

Wynn and I left Tuesday morning, the 2nd for our camping adventure.
Wynn had the week off and what an opportunity for us to spend
some time together.

We went up the Yankee Fork of the Salmon River.

I have been here before but it all seemed new to me.

Simply beautiful!

 Right after the dredge there is this little Ghost Town, I can't remember it's name
right now but see this fallen cabin?
Years ago when all of Wynn's family was together for a camp out at Meadow Lake,
we stopped here and took a huge family photo.  The cabin was standing then.
I'm going to look mine up and post that picture soon.  I can't get my scanner to work
right now or I would do it now.  But, it's coming. . . 
 Grave site at Custer


 Wynn enjoying a Sarsaparilla at the Custer Town site.
 I loved walking around and looking in all these old buildings.



We had so much fun riding our RZ around and seeing all the sights.

We took about a 100 mile drive along the Toll Road all the way to 
Bay Horse.
 This is the Bay Horse Mining sight.
Very interesting. . . 

 Kilns near Bay Horse




We had so much fun just being together.
The first night, we were the only one in the camp ground.
There was a Bear warning and it kind of freaked me out so
I didn't sleep much.

The next day it rained quit a bit while we were on our long drive.
We didn't see much rain but it really rained at camp.
Everything was so muddy.

We tried out our generator and even got a small microwave to take
along.  We enjoyed baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and even 
popcorn cooked in the microwave.

We played phase 10/dice and I read quit a bit in my book.
Fun just to hand out with my favorite guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment